Saturday, June 03, 2006

Odessa here I come...



I haven't quite pulled myself away from my sewing machine, but happy to say that I will be starting a new knitting project very soon. Yes, I know, I haven't attempted my first BIG knitting project yet, but for this project I will take up a pair of circular needles for the first time to attempt an unseasonal hat. I have my yarn, beads and needles and will start Odessa hat by Grumperina this evening. I have my gorgeous ball of Rowan Cashsoft DK (SH503) and some beads. This will be my first hat and I am looking forward to seeing how the bead thing works out. Grumperina has posted some helpful notes about beads and info on a couple of Odessa knitalong (kals). I have just signed up to join this one which began in February 06 when the pattern was first published on magkinits. I don't understand how to knit a guage in pattern circularly? I assume I don't join the ends, but what part of the pattern should I repeat and should I change to purl when knitting on the otherside - I am sure there is a trick to this. Anyway my gauage is pretty reliable so will start the project and just check the guage across the recommended number of stitches one I get going... any tips would be much appreciated.

The sun is beaming down on my balcony, its lovely and hot here, summer at last. I will be posting some shots of my plants on flickr as they benefit from this sunny spell. Fingers crossed the sun will keep shining. I wore my new sunglasses for the first time today :-)

No comments: