Monday, June 16, 2008

Cushion recipe for my niece and her pink bedroom


cushions - reverse, originally uploaded by louisemakesstuff.


cushions - front, originally uploaded by louisemakesstuff.

I made these for Christmas 2007 for my niece whose bedroom was in the midst of being decorated by her creative mum!-) But I only took these photos of the front and back of the cushions when I visited this May. They look great with the quilt, don't you think? I think my sister bought that from Next or Laura Ashley.

ingredients:
The fabrics were purchased from John Lewis on Oxford Street, except Amy Butler, Lotus Flower, this is from Liberty (appliqued BIG HEART).

method:
I based the cover construction roughly on the cushion pattern from Amy Karol, bend-the-rules sewing, but I used a geometric pattern and quilted the face of the cushions and applique patterns on the reverse. It satisfied my urge to use my stash of rik rak
.

No comments: