Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Loops and Groups

This time last week I was sitting on the South Bank outside of the National Theatre at a gathering of I Knit London with my friend Charlotte (who has posted info about our entertainment for the evening on cfknits). This knitting group was founded in February by Gerrard Allt who works for Water Aid and who set up the Knit a River Campaign. That evening I set about making my first blue 15cm square for the 'river'and have since started my second. I am hoping to make the meeting next week which I think will be in a pub, hopefully with a beer garden. I have also made contact with a group of N16 knitters who meet on Monday nights in a Stoke Newington pub, but at the moment my Mondays are really busy and I have not been able to make any of the meetings yet ;-( Knitting is such a social activity, even at home knitting on my lonesome I keep in touch with fellow knitters through my blog.

I have also been busy sewing as I joined the sew i knit sew along to complete a top by July 15th. I thought I had plenty of time but I only just completed it on time. So here it is: the pattern is simplicity 4123 with capped sleeves option, fabric is called bright ditsy and was purchased from John Lewis.

No comments: