Thursday, May 18, 2006

a new home for my stuff

yeepee, here it is... after much messing around and faffing about I have finally got to grips with designing this site. I tackled the CSS with a bit of help from dreamweaver, it is a bit untidy and there is still loads more to sort out, but I have made a start! I am really pleased with the header as it matches my new knitting needle holder and stash sack that I have been busy making over the last week or two. Hope you like them? I made up the pattern for the drawstring bag myself, it is lined with the same lovely blue flower printed fabric. The needle holder I made up from Stitch n' Bitch. I love red and blue together... ummmhh yummy!

3 comments:

Charlotte Frost said...

Yippee, yippee! Welcome the wonderful world of knitting blogs. I'm so excitied you are here! I am, however, extremely jealous of your beautifully designed site. I am desperate to change the colour of mine and design a cute header, but my tech skills don't quite run that far...yet...Love the needle holder (very stylish, very you!), and look forward to sharing knitting on the net! Lots of love! C

Louise said...

Thank you. I really enjoyed going behind the scenes and messing around with the template - it was nearly as much fun as knitting! lotsofx Lx

Charlotte Frost said...

Yes, I have to say that I'm enjoying learning how to make it all my own by adapting the code. My problem is that I'm a bit slow on the up-take. I Am jealous that you beat me to the flickr button, but have, however, just done mine, so I'm keeping pace...

xxx