Sunday, September 17, 2006

pressie for my sister

It's been a busy summer and I have a lot of blogging to catch up on... I will start with showing off one of my most recent projects, an evening scarf for my sister, completed this week.



The yarn is Wendy Melody, knit on 10mm circular needles. I cast on 16 stitches, knitting 8 rows to begin with, then knitting a row of decorative elongated stitches, winding the yarn around my needle 3 times. Then I knit a repeat pattern of 5 knit rows followed by a row of elongated stitches. To be honest I knit the scarf by eye rather than counting rows, so it was pretty easy. It's the first time I have knit with this type of yarn, I think it is called ladder yarn (?), it was a bit tricky to start with as I had to make sure I did't knit through the the strands. The scarf's weight allows it to be draped quite nicely across your shoulders, which is good as the yarn is a bit itchy to be worn against a bare neck. I have a green colourway of this yarn in my stash, and will embark on a similar design for me.

2 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Ooo, I really like the way that's knitted up.

Louise said...

I am really pleased with it and hope my sister will like it too. I started to knit up my scarf using green Wendy Melody using the same design, but I dropped one of the elongated stitches and had to rip it!-( aggghhh...